Short Post
I just felt like getting something in here, although it's just going to be a quick one.
I just saw "The Super Girlfriend" tonight starring Luke Wilson and Uma Thurman. We had a great time going to the theater. Our friend Alex got us into the movie for free, which was really a big help.
The movie was really a fun time to see. Luke Wilson is great as the leading man. Uma is near the height of her career, and you could tell she really enjoyed relaxing into this role. Comedienne Wanda Sykes excells in a role that can almost only be described as comic relief to the constant comedy of the rest of the film. She mixes up the energy and takes the humor in a spicy, sassy, racially diverse direction. And ever since I was informed that Chris's father (i.e. the Chris that co-writes this blog) is a huge Wanda Sykes fan, I've been unable to supress a laugh when she's "around."
N.B.: This film is neither for old fuddy-duddies nor young hippy-dippies. You need to check your baggage at the marquee in order to fully enjoy it. If you walk in with no pretensions and a good attitude and allow the film to wash over you, you will be pleasantly surprised.

2 Comments:
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
All good movie reviews can usually be boiled down to a one-line comment that can accurately portray the author's opinion of the movie. Like Bill O'Reilly says, "Be pithy , no bloviating cause that's his job (;))"
For the record that is a winking eye made with a semicolon and a right parentheses. The outer parenthesis denote that the winking eye is not stated by Bill O'Reilly but is merely subtext which allows the statement to be interpreted correctly.
In this pithy spirit, might I suggest
The Super Girlfriend: "IT'S GENIUS"
Post a Comment
<< Home